Wire rope lubricants are available in two main types which are coating and penetrating oils. Penetrating lubricant type offers corrosion resistance, and the load-carrying capacity is so superior. They also have some petroleum solvents, which enhances the rope core penetration even if they are working or not. The coating penetration, however, offers self-healing film which helps in reducing fretting and wearing out corrosion.
Both wire rope coating and penetrating lubricants are worth to be used, and they offer very advantageous benefits which makes one be able to use them often. Here are their benefits when they are used.
Benefits of wire rope lubricants (penetrating)
• They are superior hence easily penetrates towards the wire rope and also into the bushing area and the chain pins.
• They resist all wear and fretting which reduces possibilities of rope failure
• They help to reduce friction, and they have an extensive load space to carry higher capacity hence the best in the standing heavily loaded wire ropes
• They help to protect corrosion and rust. Therefore, they are the best in the environment like marine
• Their inner wire ropes strands offer very durable lubrication
Most of the applications which need penetrating lube are the wire ropes, cables, and also chains due to its versatile feature
Benefits of wire rope lubricants (coating)
• They are long-lasting which helps to protect from any civic reactions, exposures, and even regular washing
• They are good dirt repellant and help to prevent any form of corrosion or abrasion from building up.
• Whenever it is being used, it doesn’t run slip or even drip
• Can be used for high carrying load capacity which has very smooth operations
• They help to protect any form of wearing out or even fretting which is also another cause that can lead to failure of wire rope
• They are always flexible and useful in performing in whatever temperature range it can be. It is hence the beat in any environment.